Do you often use a backpack to carry your belongings around in? If so, you probably already know that this comes with risks. While it can be very easy to move your backpack around and carry your belongings in it, they can be very susceptible to theft.
Because of this, you should look at ways to help to secure your items such as with anti-theft backpacks. This article will explore more behind what exactly this product is, how it can help you, and some of our top picks that you should consider using.
Anti-Theft Backpack Buyer’s Guide
What is an Anti-Theft Backpack?
An anti theft backpack is an excellent way to help secure your belongings. It’s designed with modern technology to help keep your belongings safe, while also giving you some perks, such as a built-in USB port (What are Anti-Theft Backpacks? How Are They Different From Other Usual Backpacks? ).
The Benefits of Using One
Anti-theft backpacks come with numerous benefits.
An incredible thing about these backpacks is their durability. They are made with a strong fabric, such as polyester or PVC, which helps to make them tear-resistant. They also are water-resistant which means if you accidentally get stuck out in the rain or some water splashes on it, there’s no need to worry.
Not only can you use these to transport items around, but you can use them for many other purposes as well. For instance, many often come with a USB charger port which you can use to keep your devices charged while you’re on the go. They also can be transformed from a backpack into a bag thanks to the handle on the top of them.
Anti-theft backpacks are truly anti-theft. They are made to be strong and secure. You’ll find that they sometimes come with RFID protection, lockable zippers, buckles, and hidden pockets – all of which are meant to help better secure your belongings inside.
What to Look for When Shopping for One
When shopping for one of these products there are a few important things to look for. Below are some vital things to consider before you invest in one.
RFID protectors are excellent things to have on hand if you’re carrying around any credit cards. They help to prevent skimming (electronic pickpocketing) from occurring. RFID protectors are special holders made with designs to help hide your credit card information and prevent secret scanners from gaining unauthorized access to them.
If you want to carry around a lot of items, you’ll want to look at the amount of pockets an anti theft backpack has. Each model comes with its own unique designs and amounts, so it’s important to consider just how much you plan to carry around with you. If you want to just use it occasionally, you probably don’t need 10 pockets or so, although if you plan to use it a lot you’ll probably want to look at a pocket amount such as that.
In addition to this, consider the sizes of the pockets. You’ll want to make sure you have a variety of sizes in the backpack to help better hold your belongings inside. Many of these backpacks often come with special pockets for large objects such as laptops to smaller ones such as headphones.
Zipper Type and Locking Features
Always ensure that the zippers built into the backpack are secure. They are the main security for your backpack and flimsy ones won’t do well to protect your things. Look for materials like metal and see if it comes with a special locking features to help keep others from getting inside the bag.
Fabric material is important to consider when searching for one of these backpacks. Polyester is one of the top choices because it’s durable and withstand heavy-duty usage. In addition to this, you might also want to consider whether the fabric has a PVC coating on it. This coating is designed to help make the fabric durable by letting it be water-resistant and tear-proof. So, if you’re looking for durability, definitely be sure to look at the type of fabric your backpack is made of.
How Comfortable It Is
Comfort is vital when it comes to searching for the best anti-theft backpack for your needs. Try any backpack you’re interested in on and walk around a bit with it. The straps should be tight but not so as to rub against your neck and shoulders. It should also remain lightweight and easy to transport even with heavy items inside.
A Foam Protector
If you plan to transport your laptop or similar device around with your backpack, you’ll want to look for a foam protector. This foam layer is sewn into a large pocket and is meant to help better protect the devices from any harsh movements and scratches.
A USB Charging Port
A USB charging port is a good thing to look for if you want to keep your devices charging while on the go. Some don’t always come with one (although they might have a special space for it to be installed), so if you think this is something you’d benefit from, definitely look closely at any model you’re interested in to ensure it has this feature.
The Top 10 Anti-Theft Backpack Products
1. Antonio™ – The Best Anti-Theft USB Charging Travel Backpack
The Antonio Anti-Theft Backpack is made of a durable polyester fabric. It features an external USB charging station which you can use to charge your phone and other devices with and can hold up to 40-50 lbs. of items.
- This is an affordable so you won’t have to worry about investing in something that will break the bank.
- It comes in a variety of colors. You have the choice between a sleek black, gray, or purple fabric. It also has a helpful handle built into the top of it which you can use to carry it around with.
- It’s very durable. The polyester fabric it’s made with is designed to be anti-tear as well as water resistant so you can use it practically anywhere.
- The backpack is very large. It contains over 10 different compartments inside it and even a large laptop holder.
- It’s secure. This backpack features hidden pockets and zippers to make sure your belongings are safe inside.
- There is a bright reflective stripe on the back of it which is designed to help keep you safe when out at night or in dimly lit situations with it.
- It might be a little heavy and bulky for some to carry around.
Check out it here
2. SecureTech™ Anti-Theft Backpack
The SecureTech Anti-Theft Backpack is made of a strong polyester fabric. This thick fabric is designed to help you easily move around and transport your belongings without hassles. It features straps you can use to carry it around on your back with as well as a handle on the top.
- It has a built-in USB charger in it which you can use to help charge your devices with.
- It comes in 3 different color choices: gray, purple, and black.
- The backpack is quite secure and has many hidden zippers and compartments built into it to help with this. In fact, you’ll find over 10 different compartments of various sizes which you can use to store your belongings in.
- It features a foam padding in it which is shockproof. This can help to protect any delicate devices inside.
- The fabric glows in the dark which is a great safety feature to have if you plan to be out and about at night.
- The fabric is tear-proof and water resistant which makes it an incredibly durable backpack to use.
- This is a little pricier compared to other anti-theft backpack models.
- While it holds 33 lbs., this is very small compared to other models. Because of this, you might not be able to carry everything you want in it.
Check out it here
3. Travelon Anti-Theft Signature Slim Backpack
The Travelon Anti-Theft Signature Slim Backpack is made with a very compact design to help ensure it doesn’t get in the way when you wear it. It features nylon straps and handle you can use to transport it around as well a multiple pockets and compartments you can use to store things in.
- This backpack comes in a variety of colors. You’ll find everything from black, poppy, leopard, gold, and sable.
- It’s made with a very simple design which makes it ideal for those looking for a basic option to use.
- The straps are adjustable so you can move them around according to your preferences.
- It has many lockable zippers to help add extra security to your belongings inside.
- The backpack comes with special features like an RFID blocking card and key chain with a bright LED light.
- It’s made to be very durable thanks to its anti-slash and waterproof nylon fabric.
- It’s a little more expensive compared to other similar models.
- It’s a tad bit small so if you want to carry around a lot of materials this probably isn’t the best product for you.
- The straps tend to sometimes slip off your shoulders which could make wearing it a little difficult.
4. Oscaurt Anti-Theft Travel Backpack
- It’s a very affordable model so you won’t be breaking bank by investing in it.
- It comes in 3 different color options: gray, black, and dark gray.
- The backpack is very durable. It features a thick PVC coat on it that helps to prevent it from ripping and protect it from water.
- There is a reflective stripe on the back of it to help better protect you when you wear this backpack at night or in poorly lit situations.
- You can easily clean this backpack off without fear of it being ruined.
- There are many hidden zippers around it to help give your things better security.
- It’s very comfortable to wear so it won’t dig into your shoulders or be difficult to move around.
- This model is somewhat small. So, if you need to carry large items, like laptops, this probably isn’t the right choice for you.
- You need to install your own battery pack into the backpack in order for the USB port to work.
5. Pacsafe Citysafe CX Anti-Theft Backpack
- It can hold up to 37 lbs. of items and has plenty of compartments to help keep the belongings in.
- It’s a very stylish backpack and comes in color choices such as merlot, blush tan, and black.
- The backpack has a water bottle pocket on the side you can use to store your beverages in so you don’t have to carry them around.
- The fabric is waterproof so there’s no need to worry about rain seeping into the backpack and ruining your belongings.
- You can help to secure your items inside better thanks to the built-in Roobar Lock. This keeps the zippers locked in place until you decide to unlock them.
- It has a special padded laptop compartment to keep this device safe.
- This is one of the more expensive options on the market.
- It’s not the most comfortable backpack so it might be a little difficult for someone to wear.
6. Pacsafe Slingsafe LX300 Anti-Theft Backpack
- It’s a very affordable model which makes it great for those looking not to spend too much.
- The straps are made of a special tear-proof material which ensures they stay durable.
- The zippers have a special locking features to help keep your belongings extra safe.
- It comes with a RFID card to help better protect any devices inside your backpack.
- The backpack comes in colors choices such as black, chili, denim, gray camo, and tweed gray.
- It’s very lightweight and compact so you won’t have to worry about it being too heavy to wear. This can help make it comfortable to wear.
- There is no extra pockets on the side, so if you want to carry around a water bottle or something similar, this might not be the best backpack for you.
- It’s not the best for heavy-duty usage. You’ll need to be careful not to put too much into it to ensure it stays durable.
7. Kopack Anti-Theft Backpack
This anti-theft backpack by Kopack comes in two different sizes: medium and large. It’s made of a durable fabric and of a unique strap design that is connected to each other to give you extra support when wearing this backpack.
- It comes in sleek color choices like gray and black.
- It’s made with a stylish design. It opens at a 90-180 degree angle which means you can fit a variety of things inside.
- Inside you’ll find buckles which you can use to help better secure your belongings with. These work well especially with large devices such as laptops.
- It features secret pockets and a foam layer to help better protect belongings from theft and scratches.
- The exterior of the backpack has a breathable mesh fabric to help prevent odors from forming in the backpack.
- There is a glow lining on the back to help alert others when you’re out and about with it at night.
- It features a hidden headphone hole on the side.
- It doesn’t have a water bottle pocket on the side.
- It’s not the most durable model on the market.
- It doesn’t come with a RFID blocker or lockable zippers.
8. Tzowla Anti-Theft Backpack
The Tzowla Anti-Theft Backpack is made of a sturdy polyester oxford fabric. It has numerous metal zippers and compartments and features a helpful USB charger built into it. The backpack also has two straps you can use to carry the backpack around with and a handle on the top if you prefer to carry it that way.
- It’s an affordable model.
- You’ll find plenty of different compartment sizes inside this backpack. This means you’ll be able to fit a variety of items inside it easily.
- The zippers come with a special lock you can use.
- The fabric is both waterproof and tear-resistant. This makes it a very durable backpack to invest in.
- It has a special strap in the center which is designed to help you better secure it to a piece of luggage.
- It’s very comfortable to wear and not bulky. The straps won’t rub against your neck or shoulders to cause burns or strain which is ideal.
- The backpack can be used for many different types of trips, such as business ones, and even for school.
- The pockets might not be as big as some might like them to be.
- While the lock that comes with it is helpful, it might be a little difficult at first to figure out how to use it.
9. Newhey Anti-Theft Backpack
- The fabric is water-resistant so if you get stuck in the rain there’s not need to worry about your belongings inside getting ruined.
- It’s affordable.
- The backpack is made to be extra-large so you’ll have plenty of space to fit your things in.
- There is a special mesh fabric on the back of it to help encourage airflow. This will help prevent odors from forming inside the backpack.
- You’ll find over 15 pockets inside it – all of which comes in various sizes.
- There is a reflective stripe on the back of it.
- It features strong buckles to help prevent theft of your belongings.
- There is a hidden headphone port on the side.
- It only comes in one color choice – black.
- While it has a built-in space for a USB charger, it doesn’t come with one. You’ll have to make a separate purchase for one if you want to use it.
- It’s not necessarily the most durable product.
10. HaloVa Anti-Theft Backpack.
The HaloVa Anti-Theft Backpack is made of a sturdy mixture of polyester and PVC fabric. It comes with wide straps and handles and a USB charger port.
- It comes in color options such as black, blue, gray, and purple.
- The fabric is waterproof so you can use it out in the rain without fear of damaging the backpack or your belongings inside.
- It features many hidden zippers you can use to help better secure your things.
- There is a reflective stripe on the back to help alert others of your presence when you’re out at night or in dimly lit areas.
- It has 8 pockets, all of which are made of various sizes.
- The straps are adjustable so you can move them around so the backpack fits comfortably on you.
- It’s very lightweight.
- It might be a little small for some people. So, if you’re looking to carry a lot of things around, this might not be the best option for you.
- Sometimes it can be difficult to access certain parts of it, such as the charger.
- It’s not the most durable model.
All of these backpacks are phenomenal choices to help ensure your belongings are safe. However, the one that clearly stands out as our winner is the Antonio Anti-Theft Backpack. Not only does this product feature anti-tear fabric, hidden zippers, and an external USB port, but it comes in a variety of styles and is made to last.
Because of this, it’s one of the top choices on the market today to invest in. So, if you’re considering investing in an anti-theft backpack, definitely consider the options mentioned above, especially our pick. They’ll keep your things secure and act as a great device charger when you’re on the go.