If you haven’t moved to the convenience of using mechanical pencils, then what you constantly find yourself in need of, is a way to make the point of your pencil as good as new. So, should you spend lots of time manually sharpening your pencils to perfection? There’s no need, if you simply find yourself the best electric pencil sharpener.
Why Choose an Electric Pencil Sharpener?
Before you begin your search for the best electric pencil sharpener, it’s important to think about why you should invest in one, in the first place. Perhaps your manual pencil sharpener works well for you, and you’re wondering if there’s an actual reason to switch.
You have a point. Manual pencil sharpeners do provide you with the control of getting your pencil to reach the exact point of sharpness that you want.
However, when it comes to convenience, there is definitely room for improvement with standard pencil sharpeners. That is where electric pencil sharpeners come in. Electric pencil sharpeners are not simply a step further in the sharpening process, the truth is that they do, in fact, provide value to your work.
Consider these reasons for choosing an electric pencil sharpener
- Time-Saving: you know the feeling of finding your flow when you’re working on a project or simply doing something for yourself. You get completely into the mood, and find yourself lost in the world of what you’re creating or solving. But suddenly, your pencil dulls, or worse, breaks. If you find yourself needing to take a break to manually sharpening your pencil, you may lose focus. Using an electric pencil sharpener is super fast and won’t break your concentration.
- Tip Quality: depending on what you’re working on, the quality and fineness of your pencil’s tip will play a big role in the outcome of your project. If you sharpen your pencil manually, there is a lot of give and take in what result you’ll get. An electric pencil sharpener, on the other hand, is highly likely to provide you with quality results and a sharp tip, consistently.
- Aesthetic: if your pencil sharpener plays a large part in what work you do from day to day, then you’ll be seeing a lot of it. One advantage to electric pencil sharpeners, is that they are available in many designs, which may even enhance the feel of your workspace, and boost your mood.
Don’t rule out trying an electric pencil sharpener until you have truly considered what they may have to offer your lifestyle.
Best Electric Pencil Sharpener for Classroom
When it comes to picking the best electric pencil sharpener for teachers to get them and their students through each and every day, you will want to be on the lookout for something durable. There is no telling how often throughout the day students and teachers will need to use the sharpener!
A classroom is a place that facilitates very important learning, and one of the key tools used during the acquisition of new knowledge is a pencil. When students take notes and work out problems using their pencils, it’s important the quality of their work is high, understandable, and will be maintained over time. That means, no dull pencil tips!
Rather than try to have students depend on small manual pencil sharpeners, which often require a certain finesse to reach a sufficient pencil tip, it makes more sense to have a main electric sharpener that can do accurate work in less than half the time.
The two most important factors to look for in an electric pencil sharpener for the classroom are: heavy duty durability and a silent motor. You want a sharpener which can withstand a large volume of work throughout the day, without disturbing everyone with its noise!
Best Electric Pencil Sharpener for Artists
An artist’s work never ends, and that’s why when you’re searching for the best electric pencil sharpener for colored pencils, you want to make sure that it will be versatile enough for all needs.
An artist’s colored pencils are an integral part of their work, that is, they are not a disposable or easily replaceable piece of equipment. It is for this exact reason that you should invest in a good electric pencil sharpener.
When you use low quality or cheap manual sharpeners to fix the tips of art pencils, you are actually damaging their quality and lowering their durability. That is any artist’s nightmare! Read more
When you’re choosing the electric pencil sharpener that you will use with your art tools, pay attention to its quality and the ease with which you will be able to clean it. Real art pencils have a wax base, so consistent maintenance will be key to ensuring your art stays up to par with your standards.
Choosing the Best Electric Pencil Sharpener
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that any electric pencil sharpener will do. Take some time to consider a few important factors before making your final choice. When you’re choosing your electric pencil sharpener, think about the following things :
- Pencil Size: make sure that all pencils you want to sharpen will fit.
- Pencil Shape: they’re not all round!
- Sharpening Angle: for some pencils, the ability to adjust the angle at which it’s sharpened can influence the quality of the tip.
- Tip Type: not everyone wants a super sharp tip. Sharpeners can create sharp or dull and rounded tips.
- Shaving Reservoir: think about how many pencils will be sharpened before you empty the shavings from the reservoir. Bigger is probably better.
- Power Source: electric or battery-operated? Think about where it will be situated to help you decide.
Price: decide what is a reasonable budget for your electric pencil sharpener investment.
Just a quick thought about these simple factors will help you have a smoother and more successful search for your electric pencil sharpener.
10 Best Electric Pencil Sharpeners
That’s enough discussion about what to look for in your electric pencil sharpener. It’s time to start exploring your best options:
1. X-ACTO ProX Classroom Electric Pencil Sharpener
The corded sharpener has a quiet motor that you will barely notice, even after a long day of use. No need to worry about the common problem of breaking your pencil due to oversharpening. This sharpener has a special flyaway cutter system which stops the sharpening process once a pencil’s tip is sharp. All pencils sharpened with this product will perform satisfactorily.
2. School Smart Vertical Pencil Sharpener, 6 x 4 Inches, Electric
The helical steel blades and auto-stop mechanism ensure that you will get the pencil tip you’re after without dealing with breakage or pencils that just won’t sharpen. If you’re an artist or do a lot of projects with colored pencils at school or home, then you’ll be happy to learn that this sharpener is sufficient for colored pencils, as well as regular ones.
3. OfficePro Electric Pencil Sharpener
The sharpener’s stainless steel helical blade is more durable than many other models and will provide effective sharpening for a long time to come. The vertical design means that the pencil is automatically gripped well within the sharpener and you won’t have to struggle to hold the pencil in place, as you sharpen. Making an investment in an OfficePro sharpener means that you have the lifetime guarantee of replacing your tool, if it ever stops working properly. Just send it back to be replaced!
4. Artist Choice Battery Powered Heavy Duty Helical Blade Pencil Sharpener
Another battery-operated option, the Artist Choice pencil sharpener ensures that no matter what pencils from your art tool collection you need to sharpen, you will not risk damaging them. With the high end stainless steel helical cutter, all art pencils can be safely sharpened.
The sharpener is quite compact, which means that you can take it with you anywhere you go, so sketching or drawing outside is made easier. The shaving box holds all the pencil sharpenings and is very easily opened to empty out, although you may find yourself needing to do it often, if you sharpen a lot throughout the day.
5. OfficeGoods Electric & Battery Operated Pencil Sharpener for Home Office & School
With this small and portable sharpener, you can use it wherever you want, and it makes an excellent option for students to pass around to each other during a classroom project. OfficeGoods is a company that feels positively about their products, and if you run into any issues, you will be able to contact their customer service, and have your problem addressed in a timely manner.
6. LINKYO Electric Pencil Sharpener with Automatic Smart Sensor for Kids and Home Use
LINKYO is a great option for classrooms, busy offices, or your home office where pencils play big role in your day, as it is very durable and can handle high-traffic sharpening. There is an auto-jam release feature, so a problem in sharpening will not hold up the rest of your day, and no need to worry about wasting time emptying the shavings too many times each day, the box can hold the shavings of up to 100 sharpenings!
7. TripWorthy Electric Pencil Sharpener – Battery Operated (No Cord)
No matter what your purposes, this sharpener is sure to satisfy your standards. If you have a classroom full of kids who want to constantly sharpen their tips, this sharpener can handle the volume, and if you’re an artist who needs a delicate but precise sharpening for your colored pencils, you will get that, as well.
8. Toolsand Electric Pencil Sharpener, Battery-Powered
In case of emergencies, like dead batteries and no replacement, no worries, the sharpener is designed to work manually, as well. All standard 8mm pencils will fit into this sharpener, so you have versatility and convenience at your hands, at all times.
9. ImiKas Pencil Sharpener Battery Operated Small & Compact With Razor Sharp Helical Steel Blade
The motor is better than you’d think and your pencils will definitely end up with the sharp and smooth tip you’re looking for. The black and sleek design is great for any decorative aesthetic in your office, studio, or classroom.
10. School Smart Electric Heavy-Duty Pencil Sharpener.
This sharpener works with standard size pencils, and will prove to be a good investment that you’ll use over time.
Perhaps reading more about electric pencil sharpeners has got you feeling like you might just want to add one to your collection. If that’s the case, take your time and pick the best one for you!