When Winter rolls around, there’s nothing more difficult than dealing with the piles of snow which grow on your property. While the snow is enjoyable in some ways, clearing safe walking and driving paths is an activity that can take a lot of time and effort. Once you read the top 5 electric snow shovels reviews 2018, you’ll be able to make your Winter a lot easier.
Table Of Contents
Benefits of an Electric Snow Shovel
Anyone who has ever shoveled snow knows just how time-consuming and tiring it can be. It may start off as a fun and lighthearted task, but it can quickly turn into a dreaded chore. If you’re on the fence about whether to switch to an electric snow shovel, here are some benefits you stand to gain:
Credit to pinterest.com
- Easy Snow Cleaning: dealing with the snow is a notoriously laborious job. Even if you enjoy being out in the cold weather, clearing snow can get tedious after awhile. Using an electric snow shovel will make the job effortless. You will no longer need to put all your body strength into keeping your property clear of snow.
- Time-Saving: remember how long it usually takes to clean snow with a handheld manual shovel? It’s probably something you want to forget. When you invest in an electric snow shovel, you don’t only cut down on the effort involved, but you will save yourself a lot of time.
- Affordable: there are many models of snow shovels including gas-powered and electric. Without the need for gasoline, you will save yourself money right away. If you’re upgrading from manual shovels, you’ll be happy to know that there are many budget-friendly electric snow shovels on the market.
Credit to siyanda.com
- Less Noise: whether you’re chipping away at the snow with a manual shovel or using a gas-powered shovel, you will probably be making quite a racket. Electric snow shovels are super quiet while clearing snow. So your ears and your neighbors get a break from the noisy winter months.
- Safe Driveways and Walkways: some of the most important areas to keep clear of snow are driveways and walkways. Doing this work by hand is possible, but using an electric snow shovel will ensure that the job is done as well as possible. Safety comes first, right?
- No Obstacle Too Big: one of the best things about using an electric snow shovel is that there is no pile of snow too big to be cleared. Whether there was a soft dusting or a full-out blizzard, an electric snow shovel will take care of the work easily.
- Smooth Winter: using an electric snow shovel will give you peace of mind throughout the Winter. Rather than dreading each snowfall, you will rest assured knowing that the snow cleaning process will be a breeze.
Top 5 Electric Snow Shovels
Now that you’ve thought more about the benefits of using an electric snow shovel, check out your 5 best options:
1. Toro Power Shovel Electric Snow Thrower
The Toro Electric Snow Shovel comes in at a very reasonable price for a piece of equipment that will change the way you think about winter. Toro is the number 1 brand when it comes to electric snow throwers in the US, so you know you’re in good hands. The shovel is made with a curved rotor and inverted funnel housing to remove snow easily without clogging. The shovel is built with an adjustable metal handle and is rust-resistant.
This 7.5 Amp electric snow shovel is ideal for driveways, walkways, decks, steps, and other residential areas. You’ll be able to clear 4 inches of snow from a 50 x 20-foot space in just 20 minutes with the Toro shovel. The shovel can cut up to 12-inches wide and 6-inches deep in one pass. The lightweight and durable plastic body make the shovel easy to carry in and out between uses.
2. Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Snow Shovel
The Greenworks Corded Snow Shovel is another affordable option to add to your home tool collection. This shovel has a very powerful 10 Amp motor that will help you bust through even the toughest of snow buildup. The shovel has a clearing width of 16-inches to help you get jobs done quickly. This Greenworks shovel go as deep as 6-inches of snow at a time. That means you’ll be able to get down to the sidewalk right away.
This powerful electric snow shovel has a 14-inch impeller which allows it to clear up to 600 pounds of snow per minute. When you’re ready to discharge the snow, it can be thrown up to 25-feet away to keep your paths clear.
3. WEN 5662 Snow Blaster Electric Snow Thrower
The WEN Electric Snow Shovel is another strong option that can clear up to 490 pounds of snow each minute. The WEN snow shovel is heavy duty and clears snow 18-inches wide and 7.8-inches deep in one scoop. The 13.5 Amp motor is very powerful and will throw snow at least 20-feet away from your cleared areas.
The WEN is designed to be lightweight and the 6-inch wheels add to its mobility, making it easy to bring in and out as needed. The WEN is built with a quick-adjust chute that can rotate 180 degrees to direct the snow wherever you please.
4. Snow Joe 323E Electric Snow Shovel
The Snow Joe Electric Snow Shovel is another popular choice among seasoned snow cleaners. This shovel is a great option for daily and quick cleanups on sidewalks, patios, steps, and decks. The Snow Joe Shovel has a powerful 10 Amp motor and can move up to 400 pounds of snow in one minute. This shovel’s 2-blade paddle auger cuts 13-inches wide and 6-inches deep per pass.
The Snow Joe Shovel will throw the removed snow up to 20-feet away to keep your spaces clear. Snow Joe cares about your satisfaction and the performance of their products, which is why you get a 2-year warranty with this snow shovel. The Snow Joe Shovel is easy to use even for beginners.
5. Greenworks Pro 80V 12-Inch Cordless Snow Shovel
This Greenworks Cordless Electric Snow Shovel is an option which provides optimal flexibility. If you have a large property or want to help your neighbors clear their areas, this cordless shovel is a great option. Not only is the shovel cordless but it is super lightweight, so it can be carried from site to site. This makes a great tool for teens looking to make a little extra pocket money when it snows!
Though it is compact and lightweight, this shovel can clear snow 12-inches wide and 6-inches deep in one pass. The 80-volt battery can run for up to 45 minutes at a time before needing to be charged. A full charge takes just 30 minutes, so you can get right back to clearing the snow. Keep in mind that the battery and charger are sold separately!
There is no choice but to face the snow when it comes along with the cold of the winter. Instead of putting in all your effort, invest in an electric snow shovel to make the process easier and more enjoyable. Let the shovel do the job while you take in the winter sights.