It’s easy to lose yourself in the enjoyment of cooking and grilling. The only problem that may arise if you’re not careful is a painful burn. Even if you don’t damage your skin, you surely don’t want to experience any accident with fire. The best thing to do is protect yourself from the start with a pair of heat resistant gloves.
Table Of Contents
- Heat Resistant Gloves: How They Work
- How to Choose the Best Heat Resistant Gloves
- Top 5 Heat Resistant Gloves
Credit to nutrition-food.info
Heat Resistant Gloves: How They Work
Heat resistant gloves are a simple accessory that will change the way you think about cooking and grilling. With extra hand protection, the thought of a burn will be far from your mind and you’ll be free to exercise your creative cooking techniques.
Heat resistant gloves are pretty simple in terms of how they work. Most of the job is done on its own by the fabric the gloves are made of, which enables to stand high temperatures without being damaged.
Credit to geekhom.com
In addition to the exterior fabric, heat resistant gloves are usually with an-inner-lining-design that will protect your hands against heat and flames. You will also come across gloves which have a third aluminized liner that works to deflect heat away from your hands.
How to Choose the Best Heat Resistant Gloves
When it’s time to choose your heat resistant gloves for cooking, there are a few factors you should be thinking about in advance.
Credit to keywordsdoctor.com
- Fabric: you will come across heat resistant gloves made in a variety of practical fabrics. Your main choices will be Kevlar, Terry Knit, and Leather. You may also find models that are made of different synthetic materials like silicone.
- Liquid Protection: cooking is a process that changes a lot as you go. If you want to make sure you’ve prepared for anything while grilling or cooking, choose a pair of gloves that has liquid protection. This will ensure that your hands stay safe even if you’re dealing with extremely hot liquids.
- Open Flame Protection: when you pull out the grill for a family BBQ, you will probably find yourself facing some open flames. You can find heat resistant gloves with a fire-retardant-chemical-treatment to keep you safe in all situations.
Credit to standardslaboratorysupply.com
- Flexibility: cooking is an activity where you do want to protect yourself from the heat, but not at the expense of dexterity. You want to be able to use your hands and fingers to the full extent. Look for a pair of gloves that provides durable support without making your hands stiff.
- Other Factors: heat is not the only hazard cause in cooking. You also need to be careful with sharp knives and other tricky kitchen tools. When choosing your gloves, consider these factors and think about whether a synthetic fabric might help prevent accidents.
Top 5 Heat Resistant Gloves
Now that you’ve learned more about heat resistant gloves and how to choose them, take a look at your top 5 heat resistant gloves.
1. Ekogrips BBQ Oven Gloves
The Ekogrips BBQ Oven Gloves are a solid choice whether you prefer to cook in your standard kitchen or hit the grill. These gloves are available in 3 sizes and provide full finger, hand, and wrist protection while you’re cooking. These gloves will keep you safe from heat up to 425 degrees.
The Ekogrips gloves are made from rip-resistant silicone and give you a comfortable no-slip grip so you’ll feel confident as you make your way around the kitchen. These gloves are 100% waterproof, so you can even reach into boiling water if necessary without any problem. They are easy to clean and bring a bright pop of color to your cooking experience. If you’re looking for heat-resistant BBQ gloves, these could be the pair.
Use these gloves as much as you want without worrying about wear and tear. This company cares about their customers and practices a lifetime replacement policy.
2. Grill Heat Aid Extreme Heat Resistant Grill/BBQ Gloves
Grill Heat Aid is a trusted brand that makes products to help your cooking and grilling experience exceed all your expectations. These heat resistant gloves are the real deal. These extreme gloves are EN407 certified which means they can withstand temperatures up to 932 degrees. The gloves provide flexible full finger, hand, and wrist coverage and are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
The Grill Heat Aid gloves with synthetic aramid fabric which is heavy duty, high performance, and intended to withstand repeated use. These gloves are one size fits all and feel light and comfortable on your hands while keeping you safe from the flames and heat.
Grill Heat Aid takes their customer service seriously. You can try these gloves risk-free. If they don’t satisfy you, there will be a full refund for you.
3. G & F 1682 Dupont Nomex Heat Resistant gloves
The G & F Heat Resistant gloves are a bargain option. Just make sure to order two if you want a pair, as they come single. These gloves are made from 100% aramid and you can use them around very hot temperatures. The gloves are super flexible, so you won’t feel like your technique is compromised in the kitchen. Each finger on the glove is created with a grip for ultimate control.
These black gloves are sleek and work well for both indoor cooking or outdoor grilling and barbecues. With these G & F gloves, you will be safe from temperatures up to 480 degrees. These gloves are easy to wash and you can hang them out to dry for your next BBQ. Just practice caution when wearing the gloves and make sure that no one around you touches the outside. While the inside will be comfortable for whoever is wearing the gloves, the outside will burn!
4. BlueFire Pro Heat Resistant Gloves
The BlueFire Heat Resistant Gloves are a reliable pair that will become a staple in your cooking collection. These gloves are made of 100% Kevlar and are certified to withstand heats up to 932 degrees. They come in a Mens and Ladies size so you have more control over the fit of the gloves. They are flexible and protect your full fingers, hands, and wrists from hot temperatures.
Don’t limit your use of these gloves to cooking. If you have a fireplace, throw them on and adjust the logs without getting burnt. The gloves are strong and will even serve as extra protection in the kitchen against accidental cuts. Moreover, they are simple to clean and will become a tool you use day in and day out while cooking and grilling.
5. simdevanma Oven Gloves Heat Resistant
The Simdevanma Oven Gloves are another sturdy pair to add to your kitchen equipment collection. These affordable gloves are made of aramid, fiber, and silicone to create a tool that can handle temperatures up to 932 degrees. The fit of these gloves is super flexible and will get better with time, as you use them more. They are available in 2 sizes to suit your personal needs.
These gloves are made with CE-Level 3 Cut Resistant Fiber which allows you to feel safe and protected against possible knife accidents. They won’t disappoint you whether you use these gloves for cooking and grilling, welding, or adjusting logs in your fireplace.
Simdevanma provides speedy customer service and you have a 1-year replacement warranty with these gloves as well!
Adding a pair of heat resistant gloves to your collection will completely change the way you think about cooking and grilling as well as in other situations. Safety really should come first and investing in your own pair of heat resistant gloves will check that requirement off the list!