There are some things you simply never leave the house without, and one of those things is your set of keys to get back into the house at the end of your day. Whether you have one key or more to get into your house, you likely have it on a designated keychain. The question is whether you’ve been getting the most of your keyring by adding keychain gadgets.
Table Of Contents
- Criteria for Choosing Keychain Tools, Gadgets
- Think about these factors when deciding which keychain gadgets to go with:
- Top 10 Best Keychain Gadgets
- 1. A Key Finder: Tile Mate – Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder – 1-pack
- 2. Flashlight: Streamlight 73001 Nano Light Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight
- 3. USB Flash Drive: Samsung 32GB BAR (METAL) USB 3.0 Flash Drive (MUF-32BA/AM)
- 4. USB Powerbank: Power Brik Portable Charger Power Bank For Samsung, Android, iPhone Cell Phones iPads, iPods & Tablets, Waterproof 2600 mAh Capacity
- 5. Outdoor Activity Multitool: CRKT Spork Outdoor Multi Tool: Eat’N Tool Durable and Lightweight Metal Multitool for Camping, Hiking, Backpacking and Outdoors Activities
- 6. Bottle Opener: Nite Ize S-Biner Ahhh Carabiner Clip Bottle Opener, Black
- 7. Swiss Army Knife: Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife
- 8. Headphone Splitter: elago Keyring Headphone Splitter for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Galaxy and any portable device with 3.5mm
- 9. Emergency Cash Storage: True Utility TU241B-P CashStash Waterproof Emergency Cash Capsule for Key Ring
- 10. Breathalyzer: BACtrack Keychain Breathalyzer Portable Keyring Breath Alcohol Tester, Black
Criteria for Choosing Keychain Tools, Gadgets
When it comes to deciding which cool keychain gadgets to add to your set of keys, you should spend some time thinking about what makes sense for your lifestyle 1. The fact is, once you start adding gadgets, your keys will start to feel heavy, so you want to make sure that the weight you’re adding serves a good purpose.
Think about these factors when deciding which keychain gadgets to go with:
Purpose: you probably don’t want to add extra weight to your pocket or bag, unless there’s a real reason to do so. When you’re choosing your keychain gadgets, think about what purpose they serve. Just because a gadget looks like something flashy or hi-tech, doesn’t mean that it’s something that will actually do anything helpful. Ask yourself: what does this gadget do?
Design: one of the most common reasons that people buy keychains, in the first place, is to give their a personalized feeling, using the design of the keychain itself. When you see gadgets that you’d like to have on your keyring, try to choose designs and colors that match with your aesthetic and personality, so that you will feel happy every time you see or use them.
Usefulness: just because a gadget has a purpose, doesn’t mean that it will be useful for you in your everyday life. Think about your lifestyle, the things you do, and whether gadgets you’re interested in will actually get any use, or if they will just sit on your keyring, making it heavier.
Functionality: there are many keychain gadgets available that claim to have a purpose. Make sure that the ones you choose are truly functional. Just because a gadget is designed and marketed to do something, does not mean that it will execute its job well. Do some research about the functionality of the gadgets you choose, before buying them.
Durability: let’s face the facts, your keys are not something that you spend a lot of time worrying about during your day. That means that they may find themselves in tight spaces or being banged against things, without much care. That’s why you should try to choose gadgets that are durable and will not break easily if dropped or bumped too hard.
Multifunction: having gadgets on your keychain is all about optimizing your productivity, in general. So, why not choose keychain gadgets that serve multiple purposes. Look for multifunction gadgets, and you may not need to add too much weight to your keys.
Top 10 Best Keychain Gadgets
1. A Key Finder: Tile Mate – Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder – 1-pack
The Tile Mate is a compact bluetooth tracker that will fit on your keychain without adding much weight, at all. All you need to do is connect your Tile Mate keychain gadget to your smartphone, and you’ll be able to make the Tile Mate ring whenever you can’t find it. The system even works the other way around! If you know where your keys are, but have misplaced your phone, press your Tile Mate’s button, and your smartphone will ring, even if it’s on silent mode!
For a very reasonable price, you can ensure that you will always be able to find your keys, wherever you are.
2. Flashlight: Streamlight 73001 Nano Light Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight
You never know when you may find yourself outside and in need of an extra source of light. Having a flashlight on your keychain is a safety measure, as well as being super practical. The Streamlight 73001 Nano Light Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight is an affordable addition to your keyring, which will light up the darkness around you when you’re in need.
The aluminum flashlight is very durable and will not be easy to damage, even if it gets banged around in your bag. You can even personalize the flashlight a bit, by choosing your preferred color to go along with the rest of your keyring style. The compact flashlight has up to 100,000 hours of light, and is resistant to shock. Don’t let its size fool you, this keychain gadget will help you see.
3. USB Flash Drive: Samsung 32GB BAR (METAL) USB 3.0 Flash Drive (MUF-32BA/AM)
The Samsung 32BG Bar Flash Drive holds a lot of data, and will be a sleek and lightweight addition to your keychain. This flash drive is very affordable and designed with durability and high quality. No need to worry about the USB getting damaged on your keychain, because it is waterproof, shockproof, magnet proof, temperature proof, and even X-ray proof. On top of all that, you get a 5 year warranty. There’s no reason no to add this gadget to your keychain!
4. USB Powerbank: Power Brik Portable Charger Power Bank For Samsung, Android, iPhone Cell Phones iPads, iPods & Tablets, Waterproof 2600 mAh Capacity
You’ll be surprised by just how affordable the Power Brik is, considering the service and functionality it offers you. Choose your preferred color, and put this power bank onto your keyring, and let go of the anxiety of running out of battery. No need to worry about protecting this power bank from the elements, as it is waterproof! You will barely notice the lightweight gadget’s presence on your keyring, and there is a 100% money-back guarantee, so it’s definitely worth testing out.
5. Outdoor Activity Multitool: CRKT Spork Outdoor Multi Tool: Eat’N Tool Durable and Lightweight Metal Multitool for Camping, Hiking, Backpacking and Outdoors Activities
This gadget includes a spoon, fork, bottle opener, screwdriver, and 3 hex wrench holes. Even if you just want a backup utensil for busy days with your kids, this tool will serve its place well on your keyring. For such an affordable price, investing in this backup tool is a no-brainer. The multi tool is made from strong steel, so durability is not an issue, but it is still lightweight and easy to use.
6. Bottle Opener: Nite Ize S-Biner Ahhh Carabiner Clip Bottle Opener, Black
This keychain bottle opener is super versatile thanks to its S-biner design, and you can hook it to other travel equipment such as water bottles or lanterns while camping. The bottle opener is compact, but will definitely get the job done, and will last for a long time.
7. Swiss Army Knife: Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife
The stainless steel construction will keep it safe no matter what it endures and you will appreciate its 7 functions, which include tweezers, scissors, and a screwdriver. Victorinox is a company that values the experience of their customers, and they offer a lifetime guarantee on the material and workmanship of the swiss army knife. So if you see defects, you can get it fixed by the company.
8. Headphone Splitter: elago Keyring Headphone Splitter for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Galaxy and any portable device with 3.5mm
This headphone splitter keychain is compact, durable, and affordable. Choose the color you prefer, and add this lightweight gadget to your keyring to spread the love with your tunes. Don’t worry about it getting banged around on your keyring, it’s designed with Thermo Plastic Elastomer for strong shock resistance.
9. Emergency Cash Storage: True Utility TU241B-P CashStash Waterproof Emergency Cash Capsule for Key Ring
The affordable capsule comes in a collection of colors, and is waterproof, meaning you don’t need to worry about losing your money due to damage! The CashStash capsule fits any one bill, so you can think of it as your emergency fund. If you’re a parent of teenagers, this is a great gadget that will help keep your teen safe in all situations. This capsule is discreet, so people won’t know what it is that you’re storing inside of it.
10. Breathalyzer: BACtrack Keychain Breathalyzer Portable Keyring Breath Alcohol Tester, Black
This professional-grade device takes about fifteen seconds to warm up and read your alcohol level. The battery of this breathalyzer will last long enough for you to do around 150 breath tests, before you need to replace it. Available in a variety of colors, this gadget is a serious upgrade to your safety, and you will find that you will use it often.
The time has come for you to stop thinking your keyring is merely for keys, and to take advantage of the space by adding gadgets that will come in handy in your day to day life. The thing to remember is that you want to choose gadgets that will be functional and useful for you!