Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates hunger, mood, and sleep. Massage also promotes the secretion of dopamine, another neurotransmitter. Dopamine is used by the neurons that make up the reward center of the brain which induces the sensation of pleasure.
Benefits of Head Massages
It is the most convenient form of massage.
A head massage does not require removing any form of clothing. All that is needed is a comfortable and quiet place and another person willing to do the massage for you.
In some cases, if you do not have another person with you who is willing to massage your head, you can use a head massager to give yourself a massage.
Massages can relieve headaches
Massages on the head that can be extended to the neck up to the shoulders can soothe tension headaches. This can even reduce the signs of a migraine. Head massages stimulate the blood flow and the cerebral fluid in these areas.
Head massages can enhance the circulation of blood.
Since head massages stimulate blood flow, it reduces fatigue and body aches that are caused by slugging blood flow. Enhanced and regularized blood flow helps to flush out the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles. It also encourages the repair of damaged tissues and helps tense muscles relax. At the same time, oxygenized blood helps clean out the wastes from muscles. It also slows down the heart rate and reduces blood pressure.
It leads to a night of healthier sleep.
Head massages induce the release of hormones that cause relaxation. A relaxed body and a relaxed mind can lead to a good night’s sleep which effectively recharges a person mentally and physically.
Induce Hair Growth
Many people suffer from baldness, premature or otherwise. Head massages can help stimulate the growth of hair by encouraging blood flow in the vessels found in the scalp. When this happens, the hair follicles in the scalp are rejuvenated which then prompts the growth, or regrowth, of hair.
How to Choose a Head Massager
Listed below are the things to take into consideration when purchasing a head massager.
Design is one of the first things that a consumer can easily examine when purchasing a head massager. There are many available head massagers in the market with different designs that cater to different needs.
There are hand-held head massagers that are great for people who want a compact and portable head massager. Hand-held head massagers are easy to maneuver and comfortable to use. Another available design is a helmet head massager.
This design can be very convenient because all you have to do is to wear it on your head and let the massager do the rest. Helmet head massagers can usually do more massage techniques than handheld head massagers.
When examining a head massager, also consider observing if the design is ergonomic. It is also an added bonus if the head massager is waterproof so that it can be used in the shower or in the tub.
You may need: https://gadgetsliving.com/best-hand-massager/
Consider the scenario you want to use the head massager in when choosing which model to spend on. Head massagers can either be electric or manually operated.
They can be battery-operated or attached to a cord. There are some battery-operated head massagers that are rechargeable. There are head massager models that can only be operated manually while there some that can be a combination of the two.
Different massage techniques have different benefits. Having a head massager that can offer a wider range of massage techniques can be a more practical and economical purchase.
There are four massage techniques, namely, kneading, tapping, vibration, and percussion. The massage is using a kneading technique when the head massager is using different movements to compress soft muscles against one another or against a connecting bone.
Tapping is simply tapping motions against the muscles. Vibration is not a common head massager feature but it can be a great plus if this is available. Lastly, the percussion massage technique involves a succession of quick movements hitting the muscles.
There are some head massagers that come with a set of interchangeable massage attachments. Others have attachments that are fixed. In general, there are four different types of massage attachments available.
There is the Hairbrush, the Multiple Massage Point Attachment, the Scrub Brush, and the all-time classic Four Massage Attachment Design. The Hairbrush design can help with hair and scalp health.
The Multiple Massage Point has multiple massage points that look like needles. These massage points are spread out across the massagers surface. Scrub Brush attachments are more of a bonus feature, This attachment can be used to exfoliate different parts of the body.
The Four Massage Attachment Design is the most popular design. Each of the four attachment heads has a different number of massage nodes depending on the model for an effective massage experience.
Heat Therapy Option
Most electric head massagers have a heat therapy option. On the other hand, this is a very rare feature for handheld head massagers. Heat therapy helps relax muscles during the massage. It also helps relieve tension headaches. Heat therapy also encourages better blood circulation.
Here are the top 10 best Head Massagers Reviews
1. Breo Portable Mini Scalp Massager
The Breo Portable Mini Scalp Massager is hand-made from natural materials. It comes in several designs. The smooth exterior of the Breo Portable Mini Scalp Massager is carefully crafted to fit comfortably in the hand. This head massage is battery powered. It can be charged when it is placed on its wooden dock which is then plugged in. If the battery is fully charged, the head massager can be used up to one week.
- The Breo Portable Mini Scalp Massager is waterproof and easy to clean.
- It comes in the Four Massage Attachment Design. Each of the four attachment heads has 24 contact points.
- The massage attachments have three different speed options; fast, slow, or a combination of fast and slow.
Each of the four massage attachment is replaceable.
- It does not tangle the hair.
- The Breo Portable Mini Scalp Massager does not have the heat therapy option.
- The massage technique can be monotonous and may eventually be boring.
2. Tezam Head Massager
The Tezam Head Massager is lightweight and portable. The handle of this head massager is easy to grip. It has five contact points made from resin which imitate the sensation of fingers massaging the head. It is battery operated and it can approximately 8,500 micro-vibrations per minute through its massage head.
The suggested way to use the Tezam Head Massager is to start from the forehead slowly working your way to the temple. Then, from the temple, carefully massage the side of the head. The last part of the head to massage is the name moving up the head.
- The head massager can be used in different parts of the head like the nape.
- Though it is battery-operated, the Tezam Head Massager can be used manually.
- It has two massage techniques, tapping, and vibration.
- Instead of using the head massager, you can use your fingers instead.
- It does not include the batteries.
- The Tezam Head Massager only comes with one attachment.
- It has no heat therapy option
You may like: https://gadgetsliving.com/best-back-massager/
3. NORLANYA Electric Head Massager KS-2800A
The NORLANYA Electric Head Massager KS-2800A is a helmet-type head massager. It runs with electricity. It can be powered by a USB cord connected to either a computer or an outlet with an adapter.
It can also be powered by a set of four AA batteries. The NORLANYA Electric Head Massager KS-2800A uses air to the pressure points which creates a uniques massage experience.
- The helmet diameter is adjustable using the three knobs on the massager.
- It comes with two massage techniques: deep massaging and vibration,
- You can listen to music while enjoying the massage.
- The helmet head massager has a heat therapy option.
- The massage programs are controlled through a handheld remote.
- The vibrations from the head massager may seem weird for some people.
- It can be hard to carry the helmet around.
- The NORLANYA Electric Head Massager KS-2800A cannot be used manually,
- The head attachments cannot be replaced.
4. Felicity 5 in 1 Vibrating Scalp Massager
The Felicity 5 in 1 Vibrating Scalp Massager is a head massager that offers users a variety of massage experiences. Its compact design makes it easy to carry around. It is also portable because it is battery operated.
The handle is easy to grip and the multiple message attachments can be switched easily. One set of the Felicity 5 in 1 Vibrating Scalp Massager includes the handle, four massage attachment heads, two batteries, and the instructional manual.
- The package includes two AA batteries.
- The massager can be a magnetic head massager and a deep-scalp massager.
- It includes an attachment that can be used as a face massager.
- The shiatsu point massager attachment offers a concentrated massage.
- The massager can be used manually.
- It is easy to use.
- The massager does not have a heat option.
- It only has one massage technique.
- The batteries are not rechargeable.
5. Scalp Massager by Body Back Company
The Scalp Massager by Body Back Company is of the most basic design. The thin handle is easy to hold on to and the wire bristles offer a more hygienic alternative to use compared to bare hands massaging the head.
The massage head of this product has 12 wire bristles. Each of the wire bristles has a rubber tip to simulate the sensation of fingertips against the scalp. The rubber tips also protect the wire bristles from scratching or irritating the scalp.
- Lightweight and compact, this head massager can be carried around even when traveling.
- It can be used as a back scratcher.
- The Scalp Massager can be used to massage the scalp even with braids and weaves without damaging the style. This can also offer relief from scalp itch.
- It does not need to be plugged in or batteries
- The wire bristles on the massage head can be flimsy and call fall off easily.
- The rubber tips may be removed from the wire bristles easily.
6. Healthstar Double Head Electric Full Body Massager
The Healthstar Double Head Electric Full Body Massager has two separate massage heads. The ergonomic handle does not slip from the hands because it has a rubber grip.
The power button and the speed switch can be easily maneuvered. The Healthstar Double Head Electric Full Body Massager is powered by electricity. It has a cord that needs to be connected to a power outlet
- It comes with five interchangeable massage heads that can be used to massage other parts of the body.
- The motion and intensity of the massage can be adjusted depending on the massage head.
- The massager is relatively quieter when compared to other massagers
The Healthstar Double Head Electric Full Body Massager is on the bigger and bulkier end of head massagers. It can be difficult to carry it around.
The handle may be too big for some people.
The massage attachment is made from plastic and may be too hard on the muscles.
7. MARNUR Scalp Massager
No products found.
No products found.
The MARNUR Scalp Massager is a compact and portable head massager that has multiple functions. It is ergonomically designed to comfortably fit in the hands and to offer optimum control when in use.
It is a battery-operated hand massager that can easily fit inside a toiletry bag. This head massager is also waterproof and can be used in the shower. It comes with three different attachments that can be used to deep-clean the body during a shower or to have a massage after taking a bath.
- It comes with three interchangeable massage attachments. The loofah pad can be used on the body to scrub away dead skin cells. The scalp massage can be used to lather up shampoos.
- The third attachment, the intensive massage pad, has ten nodules that can offer a relaxing body massage.
- The package comes with two AA batteries.
- It only has one massage technique.
- The head massager does not have a heat therapy option.
8. Breo iDream3 Eye and Head Massager
The Breo iDream3 Eye and Head Massager is a helmet head massager. This head massager promises to deliver a complete massage experience that is customized to the users’ preference.
It comes with an eye visor that is see-through and that can also massage the eyes. The helmet can be adjusted using the knob at the back of the helmet to fit snugly around the head. It is powered by a lithium-ion battery that can be recharged. The AC power charger is included in the package.
- This head massager has several massage techniques which include vibration and point massage.
- Select your preferred vibration mode from four options.
- It can be controlled by the wireless remote.
- It includes a heat compression therapy option. There are two heating states to choose from.
- Listen to the music of your choice with the built-in MP3 player.
- A replacement for the battery may be difficult to find.
- This head massager is voluminous and may not be easy to transport.
- The vibrations may not be relaxing for the eyes.
9. iKeepi Electric Scalp Massager
The iKeepi Electric Scalp Massager is a portable head massager. It is made from lightweight PET plastic that is elastic and durable. It is designed to look like the traditional head massager with a handle and bristles that are meant to massage the head and scalp.
The massage head has 12 individual bristles or arms. Because it is light, it can be used to massage the head while performing other activities. It is battery operated and the package comes with a USB cord to charge the head massager with.
- It can be used hands-free.
- The vibration has two modes; intermittent and continuous.
- The head massager automatically switches every 10 minutes.
- There are two modes of vibration: intermittent and continuous.
- The battery can be recharged.
- There is only one massage attachment.
- The massager has no heat therapy option.
- It only has one massage option: vibration.
10. Ohuhu Electric Scalp Massager
The Ohuhu Electric Scalp Massager is a convenient handheld massager. It is electrically powered. The batteries of this massager can be recharged with its portable and wireless charging base. The base can be charged with a USB charging cord.
It has an ergonomically designed handle that is comfortable to use. The Ohuhu Electric Scalp Massager has 4 massage heads and a total of 84 individual nodes that massage the head and other parts of the body. The package comes with 4 extra replacement heads that are easy to replace and clean.
- The Ohuhu Electric Scalp Massager is designed to be waterproof.
- It has two massage techniques available.
- There are two available speed options for each of the massage techniques.
- It can be used manually.
- It has relatively low noise.
- The massage nodes can be too short and may not reach the scalp
- The massage motions can tangle the hair.
The winner of this head massager review round-up is the Breo Portable Mini scalp massager. If you are looking for a head massager that is more sophisticated than a simple wire massager but is still easy to use, portable, and effective, this is the head massager for you.
Its simple and compact design fits the hand when in use. It is battery operated and it can be recharged using its base.
The Breo Portable Mini Scalp Massager can also be used manually. Each of its four massage heads has 24 nodes each that are longer than the normal silicone massage head. This, so far, is the most economic purchase to make.